Release Meeting Minutes/2012-05-01
Will Fiveash, Thomas Hardjono, Greg Hudson, Simo Sorce, Zanna Tistkov, Tom Yu
glibc's getaddrinfo seems to still be making spurious PTR queries when sname_to_principal calls it. Culprit appears to be AI_ADDRCONFIG.
- Sam's config. getaddrinfo. unmodified input if getaddrinfo fails. (could add AAAA query) Sam thinks we should use the name that getaddrinfo returns even if it's unreachable on that IP version.
- Saw both A and AAAA go out at about the same time in 1.10. AI_ADDRCONFIG on.
- Have to choose between doing extra lookups vs working around glibc bugs.
- Probably turning off ADDRCONFIG for that query. (Also, Heimdal appears to never use AI_ADDRCONFIG.) Unknown whether Heimdal uses null hints anywhere.
- Will, you wanted to run specific test? check-pytests is not a recursive target.
- OK, will pick up Will's patch.
- Should think about organizing tests better.
- Would be nice to group by functionality.
- Compare test coverage.
- Probably won't drop tests/dejagnu in 1.11.
Tom will write wiki page about transitioning a GitHub fork of krb5-anonsvn to the new repository.