Release Meeting Minutes/2011-06-21
Will Fiveash, Thomas Hardjono, Greg Hudson, Carlos Garay, Nathaniel McCallum, Simo Sorce, Zhanna Tsitkova, Tom Yu
[ PAD stuff. Josh Howlett's messages to krb-wg... ]
- Problems in glibc related to
getaddrinfo(). Tried to log into a host via ssh but kept requesting wrong principal. Tried turning off
rdns(in libdefaults) etc. Finally ran gdb to discover that
getaddrinfo()does PTR record lookup (when
- Does it do likewise with
- No idea why we use
- Bug workaround? [ unknown ]
getaddrinfo()seems very unportable after 10+ years...
- No real other choice for IPv6. No obvious notes from Ken Raeburn on this situation.
- We want to have domain name appended in case the user doesn't type the FQDN. Alias resolution.
- Another knob to turn off forward resolution?
- Reading resolv.conf to emulate domain search list seems problematic. Long-term, KDC should set a flag "trust me for aliases".
- Shorter term?
- I'll ask Ken why we use
- OK as first step. Maybe don't set
- Maybe. In any case don't overload
rdns, because the call to
getaddrinfo()is intended to do a forward resolution.
- Maybe another knob for forward DNS.
[ Tom will set up some test case DNS records in kerberos.org domain. ]
- Also some issues with
gethostname(), e.g. whether it appends the domain name.
- Most Linux distributions give just the short name.
- Depends on configuration.
- See Projects/Acceptor_Names.
- libverto. Code mostly up. https://fedorahosted.org/libverto/
- Too bad about idle support. [ libdispatch, etc. does some nice things with that sort of task queue thing ]
- Back end for libevent ~120 lines. Are blocks (C language extension) needed in libdispatch?
- Only needed for interface convenience. Without blocks, you don't get the entire API (you miss the blocks-dependent interfaces), but you still get the complete functionality.
- verto.c:verto_free() ...handles some signal races during unload.
- Where to test? (Doing Linux already.)
- Nothing too GNU-specific:
- Glenn was working on code... what's the rule on testing for null before calling
- We recently made a massive move toward not testing. [ Was needed a long time ago for platforms that had a conforming C compiler but libc was nonconforming in a way that made
- Planning patch releases for early/mid-July.