Release Meeting Minutes/2011-06-14
< Release Meeting Minutes
Revision as of 16:32, 15 June 2011 by TomYu (New page: Will Fiveash, Thomas Hardjono, Greg Hudson, Nathaniel McCallum, Simo Sorce, Zhanna Tsitkova, Tom Yu ;Tom: Nathaniel committed libverto. ;Nathaniel: Just a 1st stab at the API. Real code ...)
Will Fiveash, Thomas Hardjono, Greg Hudson, Nathaniel McCallum, Simo Sorce, Zhanna Tsitkova, Tom Yu
- Nathaniel committed libverto.
- Just a 1st stab at the API. Real code in a day or so. (rewrite) 4 back ends.
- Looks like libs link against libverto, apps link against libverto back ends.
- also "new" API for registering back ends.
- named member initializations (C99-only feature)
- cleaned up. Will send mail when cleaned up.
- How will this interact with GSS-API async extension work? We would have to make libverto part of the API.
- Hand a file descriptor out of the lib.
- Goal of libverto is to avoid that.
- File descriptor approach may be OK for LDAP but not for krb5 (DNS complexity, etc.)
[ some discussion about Love's very terse objections to callbacks ]
- Localization changes. No translations. [Dmitri referred to a free translation service but we don't remember the name.]
- Preauth changes to plugin arch. before making the interface public. (maybe expose preauth cookie)