Release Meeting Minutes/2010-07-20
Zhanna Tsitkova, Thomas Hardjono, Greg Hudson, Tom Yu, Will Fiveash, Simo Sorce
Plugin architecture -- "factory" versus concrete constructor? Are plugin handles domain-specific?
- don't use "void *"
- Discovery for dynamic plugins? Current stuff works for Debian, but not for Red Hat. Consensus on krbdev list for using config fragments. OK for Simo?
- krbdev list prefers deferred loading. Want to give admins option to load everything at startup.
- probably not a benefit for our use cases.
- agree with Greg.
- Our experiences at Novell -- want to laod everything up front.
- For the DAL, when LDAP was introduced, DB2 was enabled by default, but not LDAP.
- Is autodiscovery a problem for Will?
- OpenSSL dependency of PKINIT caused conflicts... most people using Solaris are not using smart cards.
- OpenSSL conflict was a global initializer issue, so not really an autodiscovery problem.
Will says something about keeping stuff out of user-editable configs.