Difference between revisions of "Release Meeting Minutes/2008-05-12"
(New page: '''Minutes of weekly release meeting for 2008-05-12:''' '''New Release Priorities:''' * iprop: High priority for sponsors. :Looking at integrating Sun's patches. Some small problem...)
Revision as of 16:26, 12 May 2008
Minutes of weekly release meeting for 2008-05-12:
New Release Priorities:
- iprop: High priority for sponsors.
- Looking at integrating Sun's patches. Some small problems with integration.
- Master Key Rollover and Service Key Rollover:
- Described as "race condition with keytab generation" -- another way of looking at it.
- Multi-threaded KDC:
- Feedback that threading introduces more bugs than a multi-process solution using IPC.
- Producer-consumer threading models are easier to verify as correct than more complex designs. Might be a reasonable compromise.
Amended List of krb5-1.7 Release Priorities:
- Remove krb4
- Master Key Rollover
- Enhanced error messages (almost done)
- CCAPI (Mac done, Windows works but may be too slow)
- Client-side referrals (prinicipal rewriting and new "X-" realm name to signify referrals)
Removed krb5-1.7 Priorities:
- Multithreaded KDC
- GSSAPI mech-glue plugins
Public Admin API:
- Clean up dependencies on internal structures.
- Get in sync with Sun API.
- Talk to Heimdal? Heimdal admin protocol is different, but might want to support common protocol someday.
New krb5-1.7 target deadline: end of 2008
Bug in finalizer in krb5 library:
On application exit support library finalizer being called before krb5 library finalizer. Seen in NetBSD and Moira update server.
Add refcounts/object references inside so finalizers know when their dependencies have been called.
Alternatively special case application exit since dlclose does not have this problem.