Revision as of 17:55, 27 January 2012 by TomYu
This is only an approximate timeline.
- Oct. 2011 -- make release branch
- Jan. 2012 -- final release
- Update the Fortuna implementation to more accurately implement the description in Cryptography Engineering, and make it the default PRNG.
- Add an alternative PRNG that relies on the OS native PRNG.
- Add the ability for GSSAPI servers to use any keytab key for a specified service, if the server specifies a host-based name with no hostname component.
- Kernel / user split (for NFS, etc.): Add build infrastructure demonstrating and testing a message-processing subset of the gss-krb5 mechanism suitable for kernel filesystems.
- Allow rd_safe and rd_priv to ignore the remote address.
- Rework KDC and kadmind networking code to use an event loop architecture.
- Pluggable configuration back-end: Allow applications and integrators to override krb5.conf as the source of krb5 configuration data.
- Localization: Create infrastructure for localization of client user interface messages using gettext.
- Credential selection: Add a facility to select between credentials for different Kerberos identities based on the service being contacted. (This will be confirmed).
- Add more complete support for renaming principals.
- Add the profile variable ignore_acceptor_hostname in libdefaults. If set, GSSAPI will ignore the hostname component of acceptor names supplied by the server, allowing any keytab key matching the service to be used.
- Add support for string attributes on principal entries.
- Allow password changes to work over NATs.
- Referrals: Finish implementation following IETF updates.
- PKINIT hash agility: Allow PKINIT to use newer hash algorithms than SHA-1.