Difference between revisions of "Projects/GSS-API mechanism plug-in support"
Revision as of 15:20, 8 January 2008
GSS-API mechanism plug-in support
We want to have loadable mechanism plug-in modules for GSS-API.
- ordinary mechanism modules need only provide GSS-API C bindings
- pseudomech modules do not need to know implementation-specific things
- RTLD_LOCAL or equivalent functionality to avoid injecting plug-in symbols into global namespace
- modules should work with RTLD_GROUP but not require it
Requirements for mechglue
- register gss_buffer_t values from mechanisms in order to call correct gss_release_buffer()
- register gss_context_t values from mechanisms in order to detect pseudomech "pop"
- gss_dlsym() (or whatever we call it) for pseudomechs to obtain mechglue GSS-API entry points
Requirements for mechanism modules
- provide GSS-API C bindings (gss_*) entry points
- only use internal names to call internal entry points
Requirements for pseudomech modules
- use dlsym() to obtain mechanism entry points
- must not register objects obtained from other mechanisms