Kerberos for Windows Release Engineering
Revision as of 18:06, 14 August 2012 by BenKaduk
Release Engineering notes for the Kerberos for Windows 4.0.0 release
Software to test against new builds:
- SecureCRT (and SecureFX?)
- SPNEGO (in multiple browsers?)
- Adobe Keyserver a.k.a the Sassafras key client
- SMTP in some form?
- LDAP in some form?
- XMPP in some form (pidgin?)?
Upgrades scenarios to test:
- 32-bit to 32-bit, from 3.2
- 64-bit to 64-bit, from 3.2
- 32-bit to 64-bit, from 3.2
- 32-bit and 64-bit to 64-bit, from 3.2
- 32-bit to 64-bit, from 4.0
- 64-bit to 32-bit, from 4.0
Current known issues:
- The uninstaller prompts to kill running processes but does not do succeed in doing so
- The upgrade procedure attempts to kill running processes but does not succeed in doing so (these two may be sharing most of the code). The wix-users archives suggest that Util:CloseApplication may be useful to do this in pure WiX instead of a custom element
- The version number implanted in various dlls may no longer reflect the underlying krb5 version (instead using the KfW version)
- windows/README is outdated