Getting source code
The MIT Kerberos source code is in a Git repository.
Typically, end users and system administrators who want the latest stable MIT krb5 software should use the official releases:
Git repository access
The current development source code is now in a Git repository. The latest development code is on the "master" branch, as is usual for Git. (It used to be "trunk" when the main repository was in Subversion.) Developers wishing to contribute changes to the krb5 software should track this repository. Advanced end users and system administrators may also wish to obtain the latest development sources from this repository.
The krb5 repository migrated to Git during the weekend of 2012-05-11. Use the following URLs for read-only access.
- git://github.com/krb5/krb5.git for the public read-only Git access
- https://github.com/krb5/krb5 for browsing
If you are interested in contributing changes to our repository, please consult our version control practices page. Additional information about the Git migration is available, including help for situations where you have an existing GitHub fork of the krb5-anonsvn Git repository.
There is a wiki page with details about the Git conversion process available for people who are interested in the technical details.
- https://github.com/krb5/krb5 for browsing on GitHub
The following browsing options currently point to a frozen Subversion snapshot, but may convert to tracking the Git repository in the future.
- FishEye provides a feature-rich view of the repository
- OpenGrok provides an interface that allows you to search for the definition or usage of a specific function; it is somewhat better for cross references than FishEye.
Subversion repository (historical)
The Subversion repository is now frozen, and remains accessible for specialized reference purposes (e.g., inspecting history that the Git conversion intentionally omitted).
Subversion repository access
- svn://anonsvn.mit.edu/krb5 provides read-only Subversion access to the repository.
- http://anonsvn.mit.edu/viewvc/krb5 provides a basic form of web access to the entire repository.
The Git-svn mirror described below is a static snapshot, since the main repository has migrated to Git.
Additional information is available about using git-svn (historical).
- git://krbdev.mit.edu/git/krb5-anonsvn.git is a git-svn mirror of the anonsvn repository.
- https://github.com/krb5/krb5-anonsvn is a Github repository that mirrors the krb5-anonsvn repository. The web interface allows for repository browsing, and also displays URLs for git access using both native git protocol and HTTPS (for firewall traversal, etc.).