Release Meeting Minutes/2012-06-12
Thomas Hardjono, Greg Hudson, Simo Sorce, Zhanna Tsitkov, Tom Yu
Simo would like to do compile-time changes. /etc/krb5.keytab location
- Multiple daemons, different UIDS. Nico doesn't want to require environment variables.
- Environment variables can be accidentally set in ways that silently change behavior.
- Bernstein's daemontools... upstart, systemd, ... keytab / ccache search. Nico's "Which is the first one you could create?"
- Multiple default ccache locations are a bad idea. (session creds? etc.)
- Username? UID?
- UID may be simpler from security perspective. Can you start creating directories for DIR ccache?
Greg will look into it. Tentatively can autocreate.
- If you have an empty DIR or no default, should it become the default cache (once you have the keytab creds)? If you kinit with a DIR ccache, it sets the default identity.
- Regular expressions for default ccache?
- Heimdal has expand_path substitution.
- No username substitution; could be added later. Path extension probably on Unix only.