Release Meeting Minutes/2012-03-20
Will Fiveash, Thomas Hardjono, Sam Hartman, Greg Hudson, Simo Sorce, Zhanna Tsitkov, Tom Yu
IETF meeting next week. No dev. conference call.
- GSS-preauth. IANA. PAD?
- Hadn't had time to update PAD
- Lots that won't need discussion. des-die-die-die, camellia to IESG soon. Chairs looking for responses from Tom and Greg. Referrals number checks. IPR stuff.
- PKINIT algorithm agility -- some issues with ASN.1 etc. will send mail.
- Probably too late to deal with export cred / partial context this meeting?
- Yeah, try to aim for next
- New mkey patch pushed.
- Looks about ready
- Want to send GSS patches. Nico wanted to review function sigs.
Further discussion to kitten WG
- Yes. Small C program with python.
- Docs in rst_source. Replace existing Texinfo. HTML and manpages. Content review. Would like to do build system. Built manpages to be checked into repository. Developers and sysadmins can check out and install manpages without needing Sphinx. Release tarballs... built as for website. Paths get e.g. PREFIX/... linking to glossary / description of default paths. Build target to use configured paths for building documentation.
- Could do @PREFIX@ in manpage build.
- src/doc pulls sources from doc/... src/doc/Makefile.in subsumes doc/Makefile.
- Python minimum version.
- itertools. We previously needed a feature that was new in 2.6. Require 2.4 for tests.
- Build bits should rely on older stuff; tests can be newer.
- Currently only the tests require Python.
- Default Python for medium to large scripts in source tree?
- Add stuff to platform assumptions.
- Would like continuous / ongoing input to roadmap for release planning... let us know if stuff is missing, priorities, etc.