Release Meeting Minutes/2011-07-19
Jozsef Doczi, Will Fiveash, Thomas Hardjono, Sam Hartman, Greg Hudson, Jonathan Lin, Tom Yu
- Who will be there? [ not many? Shawn Emery will be there.]
- DNS issues...
- Camellia. PAD. Greg's OTP issue. IANA registration policies. Thomas Narten will talk about things that are hard. (balancing collision avoidance versus amount of review)
- What harm is there from adopting Camellia?
- Stephen Farrell will make it a high bar. It takes up time. Confuses implementors. Greg, what is the value of taking it through WG rather than through RFC Editor (independent submission)?
- Technical review.
- Regardless of which way... you will get more review.
- Crypto hedge rationale.
- Hard to get WG to look at it.
- Note interest in GCM etc. because they were new.