Release Meeting Minutes/2011-01-11
Thomas Hardjono, Greg Hudson, Tom Yu, Zhanna Tsitkova, Sam Hartman, Will Fiveash
- Responding to Will's mail on krbdev list. [verify_init_creds stuff]
Source tree housekeeping brainstorm
- We're [Oracle / Solaris] resync'ing ours to 1.8. Looking at lots of code carefully. e.g, returning
set_realm.cclearly wrong. (Ted may have forgotten he wasn't writing Linux kernel code there -- Linux syscalls return errors that way.) For obvious small stuff, just commit. User-visible, ticket in RT.
- Build system stuff.
aclocal.m4may not be needed. Trimming Makefiles -- 3 lists of same files when building libraries.
- Might have thoughts about libtool, automake in the future. Concerned that libtool is very constrained.
- Version map files not quite working. Executable wrappers. Hard to debug.
- Seriously consider system that takes DLLIMPORT etc for better version lists, etc. (e.g.,
gss_init_sec_contextbehavior change (DCE style) forward incompatible)
- What do other projects do?
- Starting to be good Linux hygiene.
- Stylistic issues: spaces before parens. Lines more than 79 characters.
- Inconsistent copyright notices.
- Long functions; worst offenders now in KDC and LDAP driver. Also, automated setup of LDAP server is hard. GSS -- third party tools more comprehensive (gssmonger (MSFT), gsstest (SAP)) Nightly testing -- Ken's stuff, not really automated. Maybe look at buildbot. Coverity defects. ASN.1 decoders to be table driven. Make it easier for plugins to extend ASN.1. Crypto -- PRNG back ends badly misapplying design concepts (both Yarrow and Fortuna). We're not using Yarrow according to its conceptual framework. SVN->Git migration.