Revision as of 11:17, 19 May 2011 by Hardjono
This is only an approximate timeline.
- Jul. 2010 -- make release branch
- Oct. 2010 -- final release
- Kernel / user split (for NFS, etc.): Add build infrastructure demonstrating and testing a message-processing subset of the gss-krb5 mechanism suitable for kernel filesystems.
- Localization: Create infrastructure for localization of client user interface messages using gettext.
- Improve API documentation: Create documentation for the libkrb5 API.
- Selective refactoring of KDC (to support libKDC etc.): Reorganize parts of the KDC code for improved modularity and maintainability.
- Pluggable configuration back-end: Allow applications and integrators to override krb5.conf as the source of krb5 configuration data.
- Credential selection: Add a facility to select between credentials for different Kerberos identities based on the service being contacted. (This will be confirmed).
- Referrals: Finish implementation following IETF updates.
- PKINIT hash agility: Allow PKINIT to use newer hash algorithms than SHA-1.