This wiki serves both as a place for coordination of development efforts on MIT Kerberos and as a means for potential contributors and other interested people to become more involved with MIT Kerberos development. This wiki does not focus on the needs for the average end user, but it may nevertheless contain information that is useful to advanced users, such as system administrators who wish to make customizations.
What can this wiki do for you?
- I have a question
- I want to write Kerberos application software
- I want to report bugs
- I want to fix bugs
- I want to learn more about the code
- I have ideas for enhancements
- I want to contribute code
- I want to help to improve this wiki
The current release is krb5-1.7.
Additional information on future releases:
We recommend that end users use MIT Kerberos software packages built by their operating system vendor if possible, and use support resources provided by their site or by their vendor. For those users (typically system administrators) who have a need to build MIT Kerberos from source code, we have some resources available on this wiki.
We also recommend that most system administrators use MIT Kerberos software packages from their operating system vendor if possible.
Developers can include end users who have a need to customize the MIT Kerberos source code, or who would like to contribute patches for new features or for bug fixes.
- How to contribute to the MIT Kerberos software
- Fixing bugs
- Suggesting enhancements
- Contributing code
- A todo list for work needing doing on this wiki
- Notes on maintenance of the krb5 telnet/rlogin/gssftp applications
We look forward to your contributions to K5Wiki and MIT Kerberos.