This is the feature set for the krb5-1.8 release. This page organizes the goals by the "guiding principles" listed in the roadmap.
This is only an approximate timeline.
- 2009-10-06 -- "halfway point" feature and integration test
- 2010-01-04 -- make release branch
- 2010-03-01 -- final release
- Move toward test-driven development
- Increase conformance to coding style
- Crypto modularity
- Move toward improved KDB interface
- Improved API for verifying and interrogating authorization data
- Investigate and remedy repeatedly-reported performance bottlenecks.
- Encryption performance
- Reduce DNS dependence
- Love's ccache auxiliary data proposal allows client library to track whether a KDC supports service principal referrals.
- Disable DES by default (1.8)
- More versatile crypto configuration, to simplify migration away from DES
- Lockout for repeated login failures
- HDBBridge so an MIT KDC can read a Heimdal database